- 1．Company Name
- TANAX, INC.
- 2．Definition of Personal Information
- Personal information means information in relation to a client, business partner, or other living individual (the “Individual”) that can be used to identify a specific individual through descriptions such as a name and date of birth. A more detailed definition is in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.
- 3．Compliance with Relevant Laws and Regulations, Guidelines, etc.
- TANAX complies with laws and regulations such as the Personal Information Protection Act, and guidelines such as the Personal Information Protection Commission’s Guidelines, and appropriately handles personal information.
- 4．Purpose of Use of Personal Information
- TANAX will not use personal information that has been provided beyond the scope of the following purpose of use, except if the Individual’s consent has been obtained or if permitted as set out in the relevant laws.
- （1）Personal information in relation to clients
To contact clients in the course of business, perform an agreement, request performance, etc.
To give notice, such as information or promotional material in relation to a product or service
To propose products and services, or give information about the point of contact for sales or services
To give information about events, such as seminar exhibitions, or deal with seminar applicants
To provide maintenance and support
To investigate and analyze the use of the products and services, and TANAX business, and to develop new products and services and improve existing products and services based on the results of those investigations and analyses
To give notice and introductions in accordance with social customs
- （2）Personal information in relation to business partners
To contact business partners in the course of business, perform an agreement, request performance, etc.
To respond to enquiries and requests
To give notice and introductions in accordance with social customs
For other matters incidental or related to TANAX’s business
- （3）Personal information in relation to recruitment activities
To provide information and materials in relation to the recruitment and respond to enquiries from applicants
For screening and to contact prospective employees
For other matters incidental or related to the recruitment
- （4）Other personal information
To operate and provide the various services
- 5．Joint Use of Personal Information
- TANAX will jointly use the provided personal information as follows.
- （1）Items of personal information
Client and business partner company name, address, individual name, affiliation, employment position, zip code, telephone number, FAX number, email address, etc.
- （2）Scope of joint users
TANAX will jointly use the provided personal information with the following joint users. If the users change, this will be updated as necessary.
・TANAX HK LIMITED
・WARABI NO SATO Co., Ltd
- （3）Purpose of use
Same as 4. Purpose of Use of Personal Information above.
- （4）Contact details for personal information manager
Same as 15. Enquiries below.
- 6．Method of Obtaining Personal Information
- TANAX obtains personal information in accordance with legal and suitable methods. The following is included in obtained information.
- Documents such as applications obtained by TANAX from clients and business partners for the provision of products and services, information input on the website, information obtained orally or through other non-written means, and speech data recorded at the time of telephone interactions
Information obtained by TANAX through the use of TANAX’s products and services by the client (including information automatically obtained by TANAX’s systems, such as access information obtained using technology such as cookies, web beacons, and identifiers for advertisements [IDFA])
Information directly or indirectly obtained from the Individual through recruitment activities
Information obtained from a public organization or credit information organization
Information obtained from various sources that has already been made public, such as the telephone book or the official gazette
Other information legally obtained from a third party
- * The acquisition and use of personal information through the use of an advertising service provided by a third party is set out separately in the Site Policy.
- 7．Anonymously Processed Information
- Notwithstanding the provisions of 4. Purpose of Use of Personal Information above, TANAX processes personal information that has been obtained in a form whereby a specific individual cannot be identified, and uses that information as follows.
- （1）Preparation of anonymously processed information
TANAX processes personal information in accordance with laws, regulations, and other directives, and in a form whereby an individual cannot be identified or recognized, and prepares information so that it cannot be restored to its original form (the “Anonymously Processed Information”). Items of personal information included in the Anonymously Processed Information are as follows.
Information of computer device used by the client or business partner
Information logged on a computer device used by the client or business partner
Cookies on a computer device used by the client or business partner
Location information of a computer device used by the client or business partner
The gender of a client or business partner
The date of birth of a client or business partner
The address of a client or business partner
Times of use of TANAX’s products and services by the client or business partner
Information recorded, stored, or transmitted to TANAX following the use of TANAX’s products and services by the client or business partner
- （2）Use of Anonymously Processed Information
TANAX uses the Anonymously Processed Information within the scope of the following purposes.
For advertisements by TANAX
For marketing investigations and analysis
For planning, developing, and providing new products and services
- （3）No Comparison of Anonymously Processed Information
TANAX will not compare Anonymously Processed Information that it has acquired with other information to identify an individual.
- （4）Provision of Anonymously Processed Information
TANAX may provide the prepared Anonymously Processed Information to a third party after copying that information to electronic data.
- 8．No Acquisition of Special Care-required Personal Information or Sensitive Information
- TANAX will not, in principle, obtain from a client personal information that is set out as special care-required personal information or sensitive information in the Personal Information Protection Act or the Guidelines for Personal Information Protection in the Financial Field.
- 9．Matters Regarding Safety Management Measures
- TANAX will take the necessary and appropriate measures to prevent incidents such as the leaking, destruction, or damage of personal information, and otherwise safely manage personal data. In addition, employees and consignees that handle personal data (including parties that are re-consigned handling of personal data) will be subject to the necessary and appropriate supervision. Legal and suitable measures will be taken in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act and the Guidelines Regarding the Act on the Protection of Personal Information in relation to safety management measures for personal data. Similar safety management measures will also be taken with regard to information in relation to the method for processing personal information. If personal information is subject to an incident such as being leaked, altered, or stolen, TANAX will respond swiftly and make efforts to keep any damage to a minimum.
- 10．No Disclosure or Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
- TANAX will not disclose or provide personal information to a third party without the Individual’s consent, except in the following cases.
- If all or part of the handling of personal information is consigned to a third party that has entered into a confidentiality agreement with TANAX within the scope necessary for TANAX to achieve the purpose of use
If personal information is provided following a merger or a business succession based on other reasons and that information is handled within the scope of the purpose of use before the succession
If the handling of personal information is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of a person and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the Individual
If the handling of personal information is particularly necessary for improving public health or promoting the sound growth of children and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the Individual
If it is necessary for TANAX to cooperate with a state organization, a local government, or a party consigned by a state organization or local government to execute the affairs set out in laws and regulations and the execution of those affairs is likely to be impeded by obtaining the consent of the Individual
If disclosure of the personal information is demanded by a court, a public prosecutors office, the police, or an organization with equivalent authority
If the personal information is provided to a person listed in the scope of joint users in 5. Joint Use of Personal Information above
If the provision of personal information is otherwise recognized under the Personal Information Protection Act or other laws and regulations
- 11．Disclosure of Personal Information
- If the Individual demands disclosure of the personal information in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act, TANAX will confirm that the request for disclosure is from the Individual and will disclose the personal information without delay (if that personal information does not exist or has not been disclosed, TANAX will give notice to that effect), unless TANAX does not bear a disclosure obligation based on the Personal Information Protection Act or other laws and regulations. Procedures to request the disclosure of the Individual’s personal information may be carried out in accordance with the methods detailed in 15. Enquiries.
- 12．Request to Revise or Suspend Use of Personal Information
- (1) In any of the following cases, TANAX will confirm that the request is from the Individual and will investigate the request without delay, and based on the results of that investigation, TANAX will revise the details of, or suspend the use of, the personal information, and notify the Individual to that effect. Further, if it is determined that the revisions or suspension of use will not be carried out based on reasonable grounds, TANAX will notify the Individual to that effect.
If the Individual demands the revision, addition, or deletion of the details of the personal information due to the personal information not being true, and special procedures are not set out in other laws and regulations in relation to the revision, addition, or deletion of those details
If the Individual demands that the use of the personal information be suspended in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act due to the personal information being handled beyond the scope of the purpose of use announced or given notice of beforehand or due to the personal information being gathered through deception or other wrongful means
- (2) If the Individual demands that the personal information be erased and TANAX deems it necessary to respond to that request, TANAX will confirm that the request is from the Individual and erase the personal information, and will notify the Individual to that effect
- (3) If TANAX does not bear a disclosure obligation to revise or otherwise amend, suspend use of, or delete the personal information based on the Personal Information Protection Act or any other related laws or regulation, the provisions in the preceding 2 paragraphs do not apply.
- 13．Protection of Personal Information on Linked Websites
- TANAX bears no responsibility regarding the handling of personal information on any website of a business operator or individual other than TANAX that is linked to from TANAX’s website.
- 14．Revision of Policy
- Contact us at the following web page for any opinions, questions, or complaints in relation to the personal information, or other enquiries regarding the handling of personal information.